Research Associate (Remote First, Greater Los Angeles)
Murphy Research is a full-service custom market research firm known for our innovative research design and consultative approach. We produce groundbreaking qualitative and quantitative research through our focus on creative design, rigorous execution, and enduring insights. Our team thinks out of the box, follows a steady execution process, and is empowered to produce the highest quality research product that truly matters to our clients. At Murphy Research, we make difficult decisions easy.
We are actively seeking full-time Research Associates to join the Murphy Research consulting team. In this role, you will assist in the development, execution, and analysis of projects for a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies. All of our consulting researchers work across industries on diverse projects with clients like Gatorade, Disney, Visa, Door Dash, and Waymo. This is an exciting opportunity to launch your research consulting career as you support some of the world’s most prominent brands with market assessment, brand strategy, product development, customer loyalty and engagement, and communications research.
- You have a background in the social sciences: degree or lab experience in psychology, sociology, or anthropology preferred; you’re familiar with quantitative and qualitative research methods from coursework, internships, or work experience
- You’ve made the decision not to pursue a career in academic research. Instead, you’re eager to apply your knowledge of research methods toward business strategies and help our clients make difficult decisions easier
- You put client-service first while maintaining high expectations for quality work under fast-paced, ever-changing, and stressful circumstances
- You delight the clients you serve and thrive when challenged by changes and new opportunities
- You understand the importance of time management and the need to prioritize as you work on several projects simultaneously
- You love teamwork and collaboration just as much as working independently
- You are skilled at engaging with colleagues and clients in a virtual environment and you don’t shy away from asking a question or adding your voice to the conversation on zoom
- Your communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills are points of strength
- You possess an ambitious curiosity and are self-motivated to take initiative
- You’re excited about pursuing a career working with top-notch brands in an ever-changing and dynamic environment that will be as challenging as it is rewarding
What You'll Be Doing:
- In a fast-paced and deadline-driven consulting environment, you will utilize strong strategic thinking and analytic skill
- You will collaborate with a team of researchers to execute study progress against tight project deadlines
- With strong support from senior leadership, you’ll receive on-the-job training and mentorship in project management, data processing, questionnaire design, report writing, and research methodology to ensure research is of the highest quality
- Utilizing our rigorous project process you will manage vendor relationships, oversee data collection, address quality control issues with online programs, data tables, reports, and develop PPT report charts
- You will work with large data sets, so an eye for detail is key; your proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must!
- You will trust that career growth stems from the challenge inherent to custom market research designs - never doing the same thing twice; doing so, you’ll launch and develop your career as a strong analyst, project manager, and research consultant
What We Offer:
- Daily opportunity for variety, challenge, and growth
- Great training, career advancement, and mentorship opportunities
- A collaborative, team-oriented, and high-performing atmosphere
- Starting Salary Range: $50,000 - $52,000
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid time off, in-person and virtual social activities
- Flexibility to work remotely 100%, and the support to do so!
We are now a Remote First company. Since March 2020, Murphy Research has supported its employees in working 100% remotely to protect the health and safety of the team during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have embraced this transition, and all positions will continue to work remotely into the future.
All new hires, however, must work/reside in the Greater Los Angeles or Minneapolis/St. Paul areas available to join in-person meet-ups that enhance our collaboration, mentorship, and team bonding. At this time, any employee attending an in-person company function or site visit will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Applying to this posting means you are located in CA
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will remain open until all current positions are filled.