Patient Advocate, Tissue/Pathology (Remote)
The Tissue Customer Service team at Myriad Genetics is hiring for a Patient Advocate. This is a full time work from home position across the United States that requires 8.5 hour day time shifts Monday-Friday with a 30 minute lunch break. The ideal candidate will have experience reviewing pathology reports and experience communicating with health care providers and patients through email, fax and phone. The position requires a positive attitude, good written/verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a team orientated individual.
Responsible for coordinating testing services for patients by:
- Reviewing test request forms and additional documentation, including medical records and pathology reports submitted with a patient specimen to ensure accurate and timely testing.
- Working with healthcare providers to complete the required documentation and sample submission.
- Working with insurance companies to secure the highest possible coverage for patients.
- Communicating with patients to explain insurance coverage benefits and test information including process and turnaround time.
- Employees will be on the phone approximately 30% of the time.
- Employee will be communicating with providers, and outside and internal Myriad team approximately 70% of the time via e-mail and fax
- Participate in the Quality Assurance plan.
- Comply with applicable CLIA and HIPAA regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree and more than one year of customer service and reimbursement experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong and effective written communication skills
- Accurate typing skills of at least 65 words per minute
- Excellent listening, transcribing, and self-review skills PC experience, including familiarity with Excel, Word, Internet, and e-mail
- Able to manage several tasks simultaneously, often under pressure, minimum expectations are stated and required on hourly basis
Physical and Mental Job Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. In hiring and all other employment decisions, we prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.