Graduate Student Assistant for Davenport Institute - Fall 2022/Spring 2023
Students with a Work Study award.
This position is ideal for a first year MPP student.
Graduate Assistants serve in a support capacity to the Davenport Institute in all operations including but not limited to: certificate program administration, training preparation, content creation, social media, and project development. GAs will have the opportunity to develop their professional skills in helping execute pre-existing projects while also having the autonomy to propose and pitch their own projects in line with the Davenport mission and vision. Past GAs have had the opportunity to craft and publish their own writing, develop and execute projects, and facilitate public webinars.
We are a small team that operates in lockstep with each other; thus, being a team player is a key skill. Creativity is welcome and encouraged; thus, taking initiative and working autonomously on projects is a key skill.
Proficiency in Google Drive and Google systems operations is required. Familiarity with social media is preferred but not required. Familiarity with the Davenport mission and vision is encouraged prior to applying; an interest in public and civic engagement is something we look for in this role.
- Administrative Tasks: Filling, sorting mail, general data entry, various tasks that do not require specialized training
- Project Assistance: Work with supervisor and/or other students on a specialized project through to completion (ie. social media, graphic design, handbook creation, etc.)
- Project Management: Student is placed in charge of a project, serves as a leader, and sees the project through to completion with minimal staff oversight
- Autonomy: Students are given full autonomy in their role and are contributing unique and new ideas, processing, and improving the workflow of the department
- Graduate Assistant: Students assist graduate level faculty with preparing coursework and within a clinical environment