Boys and Girls Club Wellness Center - Community Affairs & Outreach Student Lead 2021-2022
Wellness Center - Boys and Girls Club of Malibu
Academic Year: 2021/2022
Job Title: Community Affairs & Outreach Student Lead
Qualified students must have a Work Study award. Only students with a FWS or PWP will be considered for this position.
This position falls under Pepperdine's Federal Work Study Community Service agreement with the Boys and Girls Club. The job will take place with the Boys and Girls Club their site in Malibu. The supervisor of work will be a Boys and Girls Club staff personal. Since this position utilizes the student's Work Study award, the student will be hired through Pepperdine's hire module and payment will be received from Pepperdine.
Must provide your own transportation to and from the Boys and Girls Club of Malibu.
TITLE: Community Affairs & Outreach Student Lead
DEPARTMENT: Wellness Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Outreach & Program Impact
Assist Wellness Center staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of outreach initiatives focused on providing support services to community members impacted by the Woolsey Fire and/or COVID-19. Conduct direct outreach to current and prospective clients via phone call and email. As assigned, identify external resources for clients seeking support outside of our current offerings (i.e., landlord-tenant disputes). Support food pantry operations. Work closely with Social Support Services staff.
KEY ROLES - Essential Job Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
1. Communicate effectively and proactively with current and prospective clients.
2. Assist with special events/projects that promote awareness of Club and Wellness Center services and engage community support.
3. Uphold new client in-take procedures to help determine which service(s) will best fit their needs.
4. Manage client files and perform data entry in support of food pantry services.
5. Maintain member confidence by keeping information confidential.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with direct supervisor and coordinate with Club staff as needed/assigned.
External: TBD. As assigned. Will likely interface with vendors, volunteers, parents, members or otherwise.
Pursuing college degree focusing on social services or another related field
Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
Strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills
Knowledge of desktop publishing, basic computer applications and social media channels
Able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details
Creative problem solving, work well independently, and not afraid to work in a fast paced environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Maintain a high energy level and constructive attitude
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be available to participate in special programs and/or some weekend events.