Boys and Girls Club Wellness Center - Special Events & Marketing Student Lead 2021-2022
Wellness Center - Boys and Girls Club of Malibu
Academic Year: 2021/2022
Job Title: Special Events & Marketing Student Lead
Qualified students must have a Work Study award. Only students with a FWS or PWP will be considered for this position.
This position falls under Pepperdine's Federal Work Study Community Service agreement with the Boys and Girls Club. The job will take place with the Boys and Girls Club their site in Malibu. The supervisor of work will be a Boys and Girls Club staff personal. Since this position utilizes the student's Work Study award, the student will be hired through Pepperdine's hire module and payment will be received from Pepperdine.
Must provide your own transportation to and from the Boys and Girls Club of Malibu.
TITLE: Special Events & Marketing Intern
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer, Special Events & Marketing Associate FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt
Assist with ongoing content creation for the organization. Identify and create opportunities to build public awareness of Club services, programs and activities. As assigned, adapt or create messages and vehicles for promoting upcoming events or programs to the public and members, including newsletters, public service announcements, flyers, etc. Evaluates success of strategy, materials and media and modify as necessary. Works closely with Special Events & Marketing Associate to determine potential audiences and best approaches.
KEY ROLES - Essential Job Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
1. Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve marketing and public relations activities, including awareness building of Club’s effectiveness.
2. Assist with special events as needed that focus awareness on Club activities, engage community support, and generate revenue.
3. Uphold procedures and formats for marketing and public relations materials and activities.
4. Continuously develop knowledge of best practices to market Club programs, services, and activities within the community.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with direct supervisor and coordinate with Club staff as needed/assigned.
External: TBD. As assigned. Will likely interface with vendors, volunteers, parents, members or otherwise.
Pursuing college degree in Marketing or another related field
Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
Strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills
Knowledge of desktop publishing, basic computer applications and social media channels
Able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details
Creative problem solving, work well independently, and not afraid to work in a fast paced environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Maintain a high energy level and constructive attitude
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be available to participate in special programs and/or some weekend events.