2018 GOLD Summer Internship (non-IT)
2018 GOLD Internship Program
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Invest in your future and consider joining the Growing Opportunity for Leadership and Diversity (GOLD) program. Our paid internship program will offer you the opportunity to work on projects that support the Bank’s business and impact the national economy. GOLD Interns may have the opportunity to apply their project management, research, and analytical skills to jobs in departments such as: Supervision & Regulation, Cash Services, Statistics, Public Affairs, Community Engagement, People + Culture, Audit, and Economic Research to name a few.
This summer experience includes:
- Meaningful Work: We are dedicated to the economic development of our region and nation. Work on projects to achieve our mission during a 10-12 week summer internship.
- Professional Development: We are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees. Participate in Federal Reserve Bank business seminars, skill-building workshops and executive speaker series.
- Mentorship: We champion our Bank Mentor program and offer the opportunity for every intern to receive guidance from experienced employees to help you navigate your summer experience.
- Fun: Bank employees are social! Your summer team is planning fun social activities where you can bond with fellow interns as well as network with other employees.
The program is available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students attending an accredited college or university. You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at a U.S. university
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior standing in a 4-year Bachelor degree program
- Students in Master’s degree programs are also encouraged to apply
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Preferred Majors: Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, and Communications but all majors are welcome to apply
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- The ability to work 40 hours per week throughout the duration of the 10-12 week internship program
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Submit a resume
- Include a cover letter containing the following:
Select the top two departments you are interested in interviewing with and why you should be considered for those areas.
Selection process and timeline:
We are looking for students who can perform well across multiple functions. Your interviewer will ask you targeted questions with the goal of assessing a set of general technical skills. If selected, you will be allocated to a division based on business need and your skill set. We will be considering applications through November 3, 2017. Should you be selected for an interview, a member of our team will contact you to schedule an interview January through February 2018. Intern offers will be extended January 2017 through March 2017.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.